Fill wontons with chicken mince and vegies for a fun dinner idea that the whole family will enjoy.
The ingredient of Wonton soup
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 150g chicken mince
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- 1/2 small carrot, grated
- 1/2 small zucchini, grated
- 2 button mushrooms, grated
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 16 wonton wrappers
- chopped fresh chives, to serve
The instruction how to make Wonton soup
- Place stock, ginger, 1 tablespoon soy sauce and 2 cups cold water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cover. Bring to a simmer.
- Meanwhile, combine mince, cornflour, carrot, zucchini, mushroom, chives, garlic, and remaining soy sauce in a bowl.
- Place 1 wonton wrapper on a chopping board. Place 1 heaped teaspoon mince mixture in centre. Brush edges with water. Fold up sides to form a pouch. Pinch to enclose. Place on a plate. Repeat with remaining mixture and wrappers.
- Add wontons to simmering stock mixture. Cook, uncovered, for 5 to 7 minutes or until wontons are cooked through and float to the surface. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to bowls. Remove and discard ginger. Ladle stock mixture over wontons. Sprinkle with chives. Serve.
Nutritions of Wonton soupcalories: 192.156 calories
calories: 3.8 grams fat
calories: 1.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 23.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 15.4 grams protein
calories: 42 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1243 milligrams sodium